What I write about might not be what I feel. It could be random. It could be about you, you or you. Or it could be about me. This is how I see the world. At least from what I saw through this thick spectacles.
Came across an article regarding on how the government should set an example in changing the lifestyle to cope with the inflation. The author listed out 15 simple solutions and I found a few catching my eyes.
7. Make all civil servants and politicians travel economy class. That means really travelling at the back of the plane and not buying full fare economy class tickets that allow them to be upgraded to Business Class.
Yep, agree. Stop using the taxes we paid to accommodate your Business Class trip. Economy Class should be sufficient.
8. Stop having the full complement of police escorts to cut down on petrol costs. If they need to be somewhere by a certain time, start earlier like the rest of us. Wouldn’t be a bad thing for them to also experience a traffic jam.
Hah, yang ni memang seriously setuju. I don't really seeing any points of having escorts except drawing attention to you as well as curses as you go through the traffic congestion with ease while the others need to wait patiently.
9. Once a week (or more), have ministers use public transport so they know what everyone else has to suffer. This might provide them with the incentive to improve them.
I think this is crucial for the ministers to experience using public transport. And by that, I mean a real one. Not the one built specifically for the ministers. Experience the hardship we experience everyday while you easily go through the traffic with escorts.
10. Once a week, let ministers go to a market to buy food for their families with instructions to not spend more than RM100.
Yep, see how much food we can buy with Rm100. Not really a lot, unfortunately.
12. Once a month, get civil servants to work with one disadvantaged group in order to be better able to appreciate their problems. It could be blind people one month, hearing disabled people the next, orang asli the following month and people living with HIV/AIDS after that.
Taking action after experiencing the true situation. It will be a lot more meaningful and effective.
13. Have PA systems that shout out the name of the officers who have to serve people at government offices so that people get the services they came for and don’t have to keep coming back just because the officer was out having coffee.
Absolutely. And stop closing counters at 430pm when the operating hours states that you are suppose to shut your counter at 5pm.